Protect yourself, family, friends and your community by following these prevention measures:
- Know Before You Go – Prior to leaving home, check the status of the park unit you want to visit to find out what restrictions and guidelines are in place. Have a back-up plan in case your destination is crowded. Stay home if you are sick
- Plan Ahead – Some restrooms will be temporarily closed to keep up with cleaning schedules. Bring soap/hand sanitizer.
- Play It Safe – Find out what precautions you should take when exploring the outdoors, especially if this is your first time visiting the State Park System. Learn more at parks.ca.gov/SafetyTips.
- Be COVID-19 Safe – State Parks continues to meet guidance from local and state public officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly. Starting Feb. 16, 2022, state guidance requires masking for unvaccinated individuals in indoor settings, such as museums and visitor centers. Fully vaccinated individuals are recommended to continue indoor masking when the risk may be high. Please plan ahead as local county guidelines may differ from state guidance and visitors are urged to follow county guidelines when required. Read the latest COVID-19 guidance at COVID19.ca.gov.
- Leave No Trace – Leave areas better than how you found them by staying on designated trails and packing out all trash. Do not disturb wildlife or plants.
What is open now?
- Limited parking is now available to the public.
- Motocross Track
- 4x4 Area
- Trials Area
- 110 cc Track
- 70 cc Track
- ATV Track
- Riding Trails
- Beginners Riding Area
- Camping is now available at Carnegie SVRA.
- Picnic tables
- BBQ grills
CLOSED AREAS & POSTED ORDRERS
Kiln West Erosion Restoration: Until further notice, Ridge Trail will be closed, and part of Grizzly will be closed. Map Key: Blue - Trail, Yellow - Fence, Red - Restoration Area
Every effort will be made to re-open additional RMA’s and trails as staff and resources can safely do so. Please stay out of the Closed Area. Citations will be issued for any violations. If you have any questions, please contact the Park Kiosk at (925) 447-9027. Also visit the parks Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/Carnegie-SVRA-203533419677830/ for updates.
|Phase 3||Open||Los Osos Climb||Open|
|Harrison Hill||Open||Los Osos Knoll||Open|
|Seven Trails||Closed||Off Trail Riding||West Black Bear||Open|
|Raven||Closed||Off Trail Riding||East Black Bear||Open|
|Kiln East||Open||Bunkhouse||Closed||Trail Repairs|
|SRI Loop||Open||Kiln West||Open|
|Road Runner||Open||Burned Pottery||Open|
|OTR closures usually open one week after closed. Map||Last updated 7/1/22|
Basic Park Information
Red Sticker Season: Red Sticker OHVs may be ridden October 1 - April 30. Green Sticker OHVs may be riden all year round. Learn more at California Air Resources Board Red Sticker Program or Red Sticker Riding Schedule.
8 am - 8 pm - Summer
8 am - 7 pm - Spring/Fall
8 am - 6 pm - Winter
7 days a week
Phone: (925) 447-9027
Fees: Day use is $5.00. Camping is $10.00 per night and per vehicle.
Park Brochure & Map
Address: 18600 west Corral Hollow Road, Tracy, CA 95376
70cc Children's Track
110cc Beginner Track
Weather Conditions: Carnegie SVRA Weather Link
The hills at Carnegie SVRA will be closed for a minimum of 12 hours when we reach the following rain thresholds, as measured by the gauge at the park entrance.
• More than 0.30" in 12 hours
• More than 0.50" in 24 hours
• More than 0.65" in 48 hours
Store: MotoMart sells off-road parts and accessories, apparel, safety equipment, food, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Call MotoMart at (925) 455-1318 for information and store hours, or visit their website www.motomartatcarnegie.com.
RECEIVE TEXTS ABOUT CARNEGIE SVRA CONDITIONS!
Receive a text alert on your mobile device about wet weather closures and reopening's, track grooming, and other park conditions.
Text "OHV" to (662) 200-4303 to sign up. [12/14/17]
Dogs: Allowed on a tended 6 foot leash or confined in an enclosed vehicle, tent, or pen. Dogs, other than service animals, are prohibited on all motorized trails.
Welcome to Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Area!
Located in the hills of eastern Alameda and western San Joaquin counties, Carnegie is one of nine SVRAs administered by the California Department of Parks and Recreation. Carnegie SVRA has more than 1,300 acres of riding area, over 80 miles of trails, and is a fun, challenging, and scenic place to ride. There are numerous off-highway opportunities for motorcycles, ATVs, 4x4s, and side-by-sides. Visit MotoMart for refreshments, bike parts and riding gear. Rest from riding in the day use area or spend the night in the campground. You might even catch a glimpse of the local wildlife.
The park is characterized by rolling hills, dry rocky washes, and steep, rugged canyons with outstanding opportunities for hillclimbs and many scenic views. Carnegie provides a setting for off-highway vehicle users of all skill levels. The hills are divided into two use areas: open riding and designated trails only in Resource Management Areas (RMAs). Roads, trails, and riding areas are two way; please watch for oncoming traffic.
DAY USE AREAS
Enjoy the day in our day use areas, complete with ramadas, tables, BBQ pits and bathrooms nearby in the valley floor. There are picnic areas is the hills located in the areas of Black Bear, Los Osos, Phase III, and Pottery.
Safe and Responsible OHV Operation
- Prairie City SVRA
- Carnegie SVRA
- Hollister Hills SVRA
- Hungry Valley SVRA
- Clay Pit SVRA
- Ocotillo Wells SVRA
- Heber Dunes SVRA
For more information about OHV training, please refer to the following web pages.