Welcome to the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division’s Grant Programs
2023 (G23) Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program Hybrid Workshop
Welcome! Registration is now open for the 2023 (G23) Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program Hybrid Workshop. To register for the hybrid workshop, please go to the Grants Opportunities page for the registration link and for further instructions on participating. We look forward to hosting you at our first hybrid workshop!
What we do….
The OHMVR Division manages the Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program (Grants Program). The Grants Program is an annual program that provides for well managed off-highway vehicle (OHV) recreation in the State of California by providing financial assistance to eligible agencies and organizations that develop, maintain, operate, expand, support, or contribute to well managed high-quality OHV recreation areas, roads and trails. Also as important, the Grants Program seeks to responsibly maintain the wildlife, soils, and habitat of project areas in a manner that will sustain long-term OHV recreation.
In addition to the Grants Program, the OHMVR Division is also responsible for the motorized portion of the Recreational Trails Program (RTP). The RTP is an assistance program of the Department of Transportation's Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). The RTP provides funds to California to develop and maintain recreational trails and trail-related facilities for both non-motorized and motorized recreational trail uses. Click here for more information on RTP.
Did you know…
- Since the advent of the Grants Program in 1974, grant recipients have received more than $740 million statewide.
- Grants were first awarded to local agencies in 1974 and in 1979 to the United States Forest Service (USFS) and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
- Approximately 80 percent of the OHV riding opportunities are outside state of California managed lands.
- Through our USFS partners, over 18,000 miles and 269,000 acres are available for OHV Recreation.
- Through our BLM partners, over 18,000 miles and 478,000 of acres are made available for OHV Recreation.
Please visit the Grants Opportunities page for more information on Grants Opportunities.