California State Parks offers careers in many disciplines such as operations, maintenance, resource management, education, and park planning. We are proud of our commitment to develop the fullest potential in our employees and provide leadership development to prepare employees for challenges of the future. We're making a difference by helping to preserve the precious resources in our state parks for everyone to enjoy.
For general Hollister Hills job information, please call (831) 637-8186.
For information on CAREERS statewide, click here.
For a complete statewide JOB LIST, please visit www.jobs.ca.gov/.
Now Hiring at Hollister Hills SVRA
PARK AIDE - VISITOR SERVICES (entry-level)
Provide high quality customer service while working outside. This is an excellent entry level position to gain valuable experience for anyone looking to pursue a career in law enforcement, facilities and maintenance, public education/interpretation, natural resources, and much more!
- Hourly Rate: $15-17.17
- Schedule: Part-time; flexible
- Minimum Qualifications: Possession of a valid driver license of the appropriate class and a safe driving record as documented by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
SENIOR PARK AIDE - INTERPRETATION/EDUCATION (entry-level)
Do you enjoy nature and being outdoors? Do you want to share knowledge with others and promote off-highway vehicle safety and stewardship? This is your opportunity to join our team of dedicated staff who conduct off-highway vehicle safety clinics, Junior Ranger programs, school field trips, and community outreach.
Hourly Rate: $16.32-$18.03
Schedule: Part-time, flexible schedule
Minimum Qualification: enthusiastic, organized, responsible, and enjoy working with children and adults. Must be able to research, possess basic computer skills, work independently and as a team. Must be able to work holidays, weekends, and special events. Occasional travel may be required to assist other park units or for in-town school programs and community outreach. All successful applicants must possess a valid California Class "C" driver's license and pass a background and DMV check before hiring. Must be willing to operate off-highway vehicles.
MAINTENANCE AIDE (entry-level)
Provide the highest standards of cleanliness on all park properties and facilities. Advance your career with opportunities to develop the skills of the trades to include plumbing, electrical, and carpentry.
- Hourly Rate: $13-15.19
- Schedule: Part-time
- Minimum Qualifications: Possession of a valid driver's license of the appropriate class and a safe driving record as documented by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
FORESTRY AIDE - NATURAL RESOURCES PROGRAM
Advance your career in natural resources while working outdoors maintaining trails, performing native plant restoration work, propagating native plants, invasive species treatment, and fuels management.
- Hourly Rate: $17.42-$20.98
- Schedule: Part-time available with flexible scheduling Monday through Thursday.
- Minimum Requirements: One year of experience in any one of the following: construction, equipment maintenance or operation, leading housekeeping or conservation crews, building repair, or mechanical trades. Possession of a valid California Class "C" driver's license.
How to Apply
- Fill out Standard State Application 678 (Download https://jobs.ca.gov/pdf/std678.pdf), or pick up a physical copy at the park office, located at 7800 Cienega Road, Hollister CA 95023.
- Email to Hollister.Hills@parks.ca.gov OR mail/drop off to the park office.