Volunteering at Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Area
Carnegie SVRA is seeking volunteers to create a better Carnegie. Volunteer opportunities include trail patrol and trail maintenance. Volunteers will have a choice in what volunteer position will fit them best or may do both. Volunteers will need to commit to an interview process and then training before starting volunteer work.
Trail Patrol volunteers will be assisting Park Rangers in keeping visitors safe out on the trail.
Trail Maintenance volunteers will have a hand in repairing, maintaining, and creating sustainable trails. Trail work may include heavy lifting, use of hand and electric tools, large machinery, and working in steep, hilly terrain.
Volunteers will be assisting with Volunteer Days projects with visitors.
Volunteers will go through a 2–3-day training to learn about volunteering for California State Parks and Carnegie SVRA. Training will also include education on use of methods, materials, and equipment used in trail repair or trail patrol.
Training will begin in August/September.
- Able to commit to volunteering at least 6 hours a month from October to April
- Able to volunteer on weekends
- Able to commit to 2 all day training classes in September
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Requires repetitive movement of heavy objects
- Ability to walk across uneven terrain, both uphill and downhill
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- May work outdoors in various types of weather
- May work at elevated heights
- Ability to ride an OHV in steep, rocky, rough terrain
- Ability to assist in emergency situations
Benefits of Volunteering
- Become part of the California State Parks team
- Meet new people
- Earn year-round free entry park passes to California State Parks
- Have a hand in creating the park’s trail systems
- Help protect the park and keep visitors safe
To request an application or for more information visit the Ranger Station or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer for a Day at Carnegie!
Volunteer for a day and help create a better Carnegie.
Participate in volunteer trail day by helping maintain or create trails. By joining us you will receive one free day use entry pass to the park.
Participate in helping to restore our creek area by planting trees. By joining us you will receive one free day use entry pass to the park.