Welcome to the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division’s Grant Programs
2023 (G23) Final Awards
The California Department of Parks and Recreation, Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division (OHMVR Division) has completed the appeal period and has now posted the G23 Final Award on the OHMVR Division’s website. To view the Final Award and for more information on the next steps, please visit the G23 Final Award page. If you have any questions, please contact the OHMVR Division at email@example.com. Please include your full name and telephone number (with area code).
Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
The California Department of Parks and Recreation Department, Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division (OHMVR), recently proposed to amend the Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program Regulations and documents incorporated by reference.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- Notice of Rescheduled Hearing and Extension of Comment Period
- Proposed Regulatory Language
- Initial Statement of Reasons
The written comment period ended on July 10, 2023. The Department will consider only written comments received at the Department’s office by the above deadline.
Written comments were either sent by email or mail. Emailed comments were sent to OHV.Grants@parks.ca.gov.
Additionally, the Department scheduled a telephonic public hearing on the proposed rulemaking. The hearing was held on July 10, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. with the provided Phone Number: 916 409 6039 and Password: 786 198 766#.
If you have any questions regarding the next steps of this Proposed Rulemaking, please email OHV.Grants@parks.ca.gov.
What we do….
The OHMVR Division manages the Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program (Grants Program). The Grants Program is an annual program that provides for well managed off-highway vehicle (OHV) recreation in the State of California by providing financial assistance to eligible agencies and organizations that develop, maintain, operate, expand, support, or contribute to well managed high-quality OHV recreation areas, roads and trails. Also as important, the Grants Program seeks to responsibly maintain the wildlife, soils, and habitat of project areas in a manner that will sustain long-term OHV recreation.
In addition to the Grants Program, the OHMVR Division is also responsible for the motorized portion of the Recreational Trails Program (RTP). The RTP is an assistance program of the Department of Transportation's Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). The RTP provides funds to California to develop and maintain recreational trails and trail-related facilities for both non-motorized and motorized recreational trail uses. Click here for more information on RTP.
Did you know…
- Since the advent of the Grants Program in 1974, grant recipients have received more than $740 million statewide.
- Grants were first awarded to local agencies in 1974 and in 1979 to the United States Forest Service (USFS) and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
- Approximately 80 percent of the OHV riding opportunities are outside state of California managed lands.
- Through our USFS partners, over 18,000 miles and 269,000 acres are available for OHV Recreation.
- Through our BLM partners, over 18,000 miles and 478,000 of acres are made available for OHV Recreation.
Please visit the Grants Opportunities page for more information on Grants Opportunities.