Campers can enjoy the beautiful outdoors at Carnegie’s small, well-appointed campground. There are 23 designated spaces available on a first-come basis, along with picnic tables, potable water, flush toilets, showers, and shade ramadas.
Reservations: First-come, first-serve
Check Out: 12:00 pm
Number of Sites: 10, limited number sites due to Covid-19.
Number of vehicles per site: 2 vehicles and 1 trailer, limited number of vehicles due to Covid-19.
Number of People per site: Max 8 people per site from same household unit, restrictions due to Covid-19.
Campsite structures: Ramada, fire ring, picnic table, and food box in some sites.
Restrooms: Located on the east and west ends of the campground. Flush toilets.
Showers: Coin operated showers are available in the east end of campground and take quarters.
RVs: No hookups, No water filling station, No dumping station
Campground Gate: After park hours the campground gate is open to the main road and remains open until the park opens at 8:00 a.m. Gate is by bathroom on west side of campground. For safety reasons, late arriving campers should not block access gates or park in such a way as to block existing campers from exit routes.
Quiet Time: 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. Generators shall no be operated between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m.
Fires: Only allowed within the fire rings provided in the camping areas. You must bring your own wood. Pallets and gathering wood are not allowed. Firewood is available for sale at MotoMart. Ground fires are illegal.
Water: 3 facets, potable
Payphone: Located in front of the west restroom. In case of emergency, please use this phone to dial 911.
Speed Limit: 15 MPH
Dogs: Must be on leash at all times.
Day Use: No day use parking
NO: Dumping wastewater
NO: Riding during closed hours or after sunset
Carnegie State Vehicle Recreation Area Camping Regulations
Carnegie State Vehicular Recreation Area is hereby under a curfew for juveniles regarding public use, entry or occupancy.
- Juvenile curfew hours are 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM every day, unless otherwise posted.
- This curfew shall apply to all juveniles except as follows:
- A juvenile who is accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- A juvenile who is part of a group permitted on State Park property and who is supervised by at least one responsible adult for each 15 juveniles.
- A juvenile who is lawfully camping by furnishing to the local State Park authority written consent from the juvenile’s parent or guardian including full name, residence address, and telephone number of the juvenile’s parent or guardian. Written notice shall include the inclusive dates for which the permission is granted to camp at the specified, named State Park.
- Only wood and untreated wood products free from metal, petroleum products, or other toxic substances shall be used for campfires or recreational fires.
- No person shall import, transport, or possess any wood, plastic, or fiber pallet.
- No person shall ignite, burn, or maintain any wood, plastic, or fiber pallet fire.