Nonresident OHV Use Permits

About Nonresident OHV Use Permits



All vehicles operated off-highway on public lands in California are required to be (1) street-licensed or (2) registered as an off-highway vehicle (OHV). If you are visiting California from another state and your vehicle does not have a current registration from your home state, you must purchase a California Nonresident OHV Use Permit before you recreate on public lands. A title sticker or title plate is not registration. Additional information is available on the FAQs web page. The Nonresident OHV Use Permit fee is $30. To locate a vendor, please download the vendor list PDF listed below.

The 2018 Nonresident permits will be valid from the date of sale through December 31, 2018.

 Nonresident Permit Vendor List (PDF) 
 OHV Permit Order Form (PDF)

Non-California residents must comply with the California Air Resources Board Red Sticker riding season requirements. An Off-Highway Vehicle Information Bulletin explains the background behind the change.
To learn more about the program, please contact a local Ranger or the OHMVR Division at:

California State Parks, OHMVR Division
Nonresident OHV Use Permit Program

Physical Address: 715 P St, Sacramento, CA 95814
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 942896, Sacramento, CA 94296
Phone Number: (916) 324-4442

Arizona Visitors

Please refer to the Arizona OHV Decal Program web page for updated information.