All trails lead to adventure, are you ready for the challenge?
The Photo Challenge starts February 10, 2018 and runs until June 30, 2018.
Hollister Hills SVRA wants you to enjoy our beautiful park in your favorite form of recreation. HHSVRA offers a variety of trail systems designed for several recreation activities such as motorcycle, ATV, 4X4, mountain biking, hiking and equestrian riding.
Launching this February, the HHSVRA photo challenge will be a self-guided excursion focusing on one of the categories below. Participants are encouraged to be creative while taking their pictures and have fun enjoying the outdoors. The first 100 participants to complete the photo challenge will receive an OHV lunch bag. (One lunch bag per entry.)
To participate, each entry must choose one of the recreational categories below and take a photo at four selected locations along designated trails. The photos must be emailed to email@example.com along with a filled out visual media release form. Once the photos are received and verified, they will be posted on all of HHSVRA social media sites. To receive your prize come by the HHSVRA park office with your email confirmation. (Hollister Hills SVRA, 7800 Cienega Road, Hollister, CA 95023).
Choose one of the following categories for your photo adventure:
Motorcycle/ATV Trails- Take a photo at each of the selected four locations in the Lower Ranch.
#1 Lodge Lake Inlet (between Harmony Gate and North Canyon Return)
#2 San Andreas Outlook (bench off Fault Line.)
#3 The Hub along Lake Rd.
#4 The Windmill picnic area (Renz Property)
4X4 Trails- Take a photo at each of the selected four locations in the Upper/Hudner Ranch.
#1 Hector Heights (Upper Ranch)
#2 McCrayz Obstacle Course at the tunnel (Upper Ranch)
#3 Ohlone Outpost Campground (Hudner Ranch)
#4 Valley Vista Outlook (Hudner Ranch)
Mountain Biking/Hiking Trails- Take a photo at each of the selected four locations in the Nature Area/Mudstone Ranch.
#1 Environmental Camp (Nature Area)
#2 Beck Trail Bench (Nature Area)
#3 Pepper Tree Picnic Area (Mudstone Ranch)
#4 Top of Road Runner at the picnic bench (Mudstone Ranch)
Equestrian Trails- Take a photo at each of the selected four locations in the Mudstone Ranch.
#1 Pepper Tree Picnic Area
#2 Top of Road Runner at the picnic bench
#3 The Junction of Amme Crossover and Road Runner
#4 Trailhead at Razorback
Prepare for your adventure!
- Pay park entrance fee at main entrance or iron ranger containers, place proof of payment on vehicle dash
- Take a camera to take photos for challenge
- Take a selfie or group photo at all four designated spots on the trails per category
- Email all four photos to Hollister Hills SVRA along with attached release forms.
- Remember to bring a park map and stay on designated trails
- Bring water, a snack and a first aid kit
- Wear a hat, sunscreen and bug repellent
- Pack out your trash
- Walk pets in approved areas on a 6ft leash at all times, pick up all pet waste
- Follow all posted park regulations
- Be courteous and yield to others on the trail